"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

1.23.2011

Our Big Girl

My last post stated we were going to start the transition out of Mommy & Daddy's bed and into Nola's bed in March. Well, we got a wild hair on Friday night and decided to give it a try. She cried and said "No sleep!" but not the sobbing, wailing fits I had tried to mentally prepare myself for! I sat in the rocking chair and put Toy Story 3 on while she sat in her bed.

Night #1: Friday, January 21
7:30 pm Nola finally lays down and falls asleep.
12:30 am She comes into our room. I take her back to her bed.
2 am Finally falls back asleep.
6:30 am She comes back into our room - We sleep until 8 am.

Night #2: Saturday, January 22
9:30 Asleep.
I wake up Sunday morning and find Nola in our bed! Evidently, she came into our room around 1:30 am according to Jonathan. He just let her sleep with us. Grr.

Night #3: Sunday, January 23
8:15pm: Asleep.

Let's see how tonight goes and the rest of the week! Fingers crossed!
Operation No M-Bop will begin March 21. I figure we will be in the big girl bed all the time by then. I don't want to traumatize her too much all at once. ( Or maybe it's Mommy that would be traumatized!)

No comments: