"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

1.05.2011

JANUARY 6

January 6 is an important day in our family's life! One year ago tomorrow, Nola entered the hearing world when her cochlear implants were activated!! What an amazing year this has been. She has come so far. There are not enough adjectives to describe the pride and love I feel for this little girl! She is talking in complete sentences. She tells you what she thinks, what she feels, and what she hears and sees. What a miracle this is!!
Thank you Dr. MacDonald for performing the surgery, thank you MOSD for your priceless work with Nola, thank you to all our family and friends who have been there to support not only Nola, but also Jonathan and me through this process. Who would have thought we would be where we are now?! Getting a diagnosis of profound hearing loss is not the end of the world (the exact feeling I felt when I heard those words) this was the beginning of a whole new chapter in our journey.

Thank you Nola for all your hard work! You are my light and your Daddy and I love you to pieces.

No comments: