"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

1.06.2012

Music to our ears

Today is a very special day at the Bawcum household...two years ago today Nola's cochlear implants were activated! She became part of the hearing world and she has not stopped talking since!! Nola talks from the moment she gets out of bed until she finally falls asleep- sometimes she talks in her sleep too! There are no words to describe this process.... from grief, to hope, to thankfulness. We are blessed to have MOSD in Memphis that has facilitated her great progress and  family and friends that have  supported us each and every step. I am so very thankful to have such a great husband and Daddy to Nola - I don't think I could've done this by myself.
We have come a long way.......
 Cochlear Implant Surgery
 1 month since activation
1 year since activation


Nola brought snacks to share her special day with her classmates!


I guess Nola enjoyed her blue icing!

HAPPY 2 YEAR BIRTHDAY TO NOLA'S EARS!!

No comments: