"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

8.03.2010

Reminiscing

I was just thinking the last few days how our life has changed in the past year. A little more than a year ago, we found out our sweet angel couldn't hear her Mommy and Daddy say I love you. We then went into full speed to find her the best doctors, best equipment, and thankfully the best school around. Within weeks of getting her diagnosis, Nola was enrolled in Memphis Oral School for the Deaf. Look at her now! One year later through hearing aids, a 6 hour cochlear implant surgery, and the 'turning on' of her implants, she is a talking machine! What a little miracle God has given us and we could not be more grateful for him trusting us with this priceless baby girl .
Thank you Jonathan for being the patient, loving Daddy you are. Nola is blessed to have such a wonderful role model in her life. I couldn't imagine doing this alone and thank goodness I have such a great husband to travel this journey with me.

I'll leave you with a note from Nola's audiologist- Nathalie.
This note was sent on 1.12.10 (6 days after her implants were turned on)

Johnathan,
I drove home from work yesterday with a big smile on my face thinking of sweet Nola. She has impressed me so much with what she has done in such a short time. To think that this sweet baby did not even have hearing aids 6 months ago and now she has been implanted and is beginning to discriminate between sounds is nothing short of a miracle. She has such a strong desire to communicate. She is definitely a fighter; there is NO QUESTION about that!!! You should be so proud of that daughter of yours; she impresses us each day with her zest for life and desire to learn. I cannot wait to see what the next several months bring for her.
See you soon.....Nathalie

No comments: