"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

6.08.2009

Shunt Revision


I had a tough time with recovering from this shunt revision. Mommy and Daddy say its because I am trying to get used to the change in pressure in my head. I had surgery on June 1. I slept most of the day on Monday and Tuesday I woke up and ate alittle. I did get sick twice on Tuesday, but we were discharged that evening since I seemed to feel better. When we got home I did not want to eat much and refused to drink. I began throwing up again on Wednesday; Daddy called the neurosurgeon on call and she said to bring me into the ER. We went on Wednesday evening and I had a CT scan and a shunt series done to make sure everything was working properly....it was, thank goodness. They admitted me that night and we stayed until Friday evening. I was dehydrated from all the throwing up and was throwing up since I was not used to the change in pressure in my head. The NS called them low pressure headaches or spinal headaches.


By Sunday I felt much better. I was playing and eating. I even drank from my sippy cup! Today I am almost back to my old self!


No comments: